- We store only the absolute minimum of information necessary to carry out your interactions with the site – e.g. the purchase of a painting or a subscription to a course.
- You have the right to see what information we have.
- We will delete this information at your request.
We respect the EU’s General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and this policy explains how we collect and treat any information you give us. You won’t find any complicated legal terms or long passages of unreadable text. We’ve no desire to trick you into agreeing to something you might later regret.
Why we value your privacy
We value your privacy as much as we do our own, so we’re committed to keeping your personal and business information safe. We’re uncomfortable with the information companies, governments, and other organisations keep on file, so we ask for only the bare minimum from our clients. We’ll never use your personal information for any reason other than why you gave it, and we’ll never give anyone access to it unless we’re forced to by law.
How we collect information
We ask for contact information including your name, email address on our website so that we can reply to your enquiry.
We collect your email address when you sign up for one of our newsletters.
We ask for your contact information when you buy something.
What information we hold
- When you contact us by email or through our website, we collect your name and email address.
- If you sign up for a newsletter, we only collect your email address.
- When you buy something from us, we collect your name, email address, phone number, and a delivery address.
- If you do business with us directly (as opposed to through a third party such as PayPal), we also collect your business name and bank details and keep records of the invoices we send you and the payments you make.
Where we store your information
If you sign up for a newsletter, we store your email address in MailChimp, which we chose partly for their commitment to security.
When you buy something or do business, your contact and billing information is stored in our database. We only hold this data with your permission, and we will delete it if you so request.
What we use your information for
We can only use your contact information to send you details of our products and services if you opt in to that. If you do, you have the option to unsubscribe from these communications and we won’t send them to you again.
We may also use your information to send you invoices.
Who’s responsible for your information at our company
I am myself responsible for the security of your information which I take very seriously. You can contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns about the information we store.
Who has access to information about you
When we store information in our own systems, only the people who need it have access.
The steps we take to keep your information private
Where we store your information in third-party services, we restrict access only to people who need it. We store passwords in encrypted form.
The computers we use are protected by a password or biometrics.
How to complain
We take complaints very seriously. If you’ve any reason to complain about the ways we handle your privacy, please contact me by email at email@example.com
Changes to the policy
If we change the contents of this policy, those changes will become effective the moment we publish them on our website.